Members of AASEP have access to the links underlying each of the items listed in this section. If you are a member, please login to access the members area of this page. Site Visitors, to join AASEP go the this link: Join AASEP
- Alexander Disease:Overview page providing important information on this topic.
- Extensive article on Alexander Disease: This article includes information on genetic testing, assesment, clinical description,different forms and much more.
- Overview article on Alexander Disease: Includes synonyms,general discussion and resources.
- Extensive overview from the National Institude for Neurological Disorders and Stroke including: Alexander disease is a rare, genetically determined degenerative disorder of the central nervous system. It is one of a group of disorders known as the leukodystrophies, diseases that result from imperfect growth or development of the myelin sheath, the fatty covering that acts as an insulator around nerve fibers in the brain. Myelin, which lends its color to the "white matter" of the brain, is a complex substance made up of at least ten different chemicals.
- National Organization for Rare Disorders
- Alexander Disease Summary for Parents
- Alexander Disease: Patient and parent information
- United Leukodystrophy Foundation: A wealth of informtion on these diseases including Alexander's Disease.