Elgin, Illinois, 60123
Job Category: Full Time
Posted on March 31, 2017
Coordinator, ADA and Student Disabilities Services
Elgin Community College (ECC) is a comprehensive, fully accredited community college located in Elgin, Illinois, one of its most rapidly growing cities. Our district encompasses 360 square miles, serving 400,000 people, 11,000 businesses with four public school districts and 15 high schools. ECC was selected as one of five Illinois community colleges to participate in the national Achieving the Dream (AtD) initiative. is a long-term national initiative that collaborates with community colleges to help more students earn degrees, complete certificates, or transfer to four-year institutions to continue their studies. The park-like setting of our 145 acre Main Campus offers instruction spanning nine major buildings with beautiful views. ECC also offers classes throughout the northwest suburbs of Chicago with more than 100 off-campus locations.
Serves as the college's ADA Coordinator for students and college liaison. Per the ADA laws, provide accommodation services to students with disabilities; i.e., sign language interpreters, accommodation letters, audio texts, other assistive technology/devices, test reader/writer services. Document and track students and services and provide information to various administrative offices as needed; i.e., Institutional Research.
Must be willing to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the department.
Some evenings will be required. Two to three times per month, this position will have the responsibility as an evening administrators and will work from 10 am - 7 pm on those assigned dates. May also be required to facilitate presentations on ADA compliance issues and the Disability Services program to faculty at the beginning of each term on a Saturday.
1. Update/write Administrative Procedures for disabilities; oversee ADA compliance; liaison with college's legal department, ICCB, & Office of Civil Rights.
2. Collect, analyze, & authorize disability accommodation information. Compose individualized accommodation letters for students to present to faculty. Maintain confidential disability documentation.
3. Provide required accommodations including sign language interpreters, audio texts, test reader/writers, Learning Ally membership for students, software/hardware purchases or updates, furniture needs.
4. Act as liaison for students, parents, faculty, college departments, high schools, disability agencies and organizations.
5. Supervision of SAIL, 300+, contractual sign language interpreters.
6. Prepare/update MOUs and ensure compliance.
7. Serve as ADAPT club advisor.
8. Oversee department's budget.
1. Master's degree (MA) or equivalent in Special Education.
2. Three years working with students with disabilities in higher education.
3. Knowledge of high school special education programs.
4. Working knowledge of current ADA, 504 and other disability laws and regulations.
5. Excellent listening, speaking, reading, writing communication skills.
6. Excellent computer skills and software knowledge including Microsoft Office which includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
7. Knowledge and comprehension of FERPA and confidentiality requirements.
1. Working knowledge of Ellucian Colleague or other ERP software.
For a detailed job posting and to apply, please visit our web site at: https://jobs.elgin.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=52346
Elgin Community College is an Equal Employment, Equal Access Employer committed to increasing the diversity of our workforce.
Apply Here: https://jobs.elgin.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=52346